Thursday, August 28, 2008

defamation suit against blogger dropped

Tucson Greyhound Park has dismissed a defamation lawsuit filed against the owner of the blog End Tucson Greyhound Racing.

She said the track never contacted her before the suit...per the story, she "likely has little recourse in collecting attorney’s fees"...

----------------------------------------------

I know how she feels.

In Tucson I was once arrested, and charged with carrying a concealed weapon. In order to prove I was not carrying a weapon concealed (without a permit) I had to hire, and pay for, my attorney. The attorney representing the city stated that if I allowed them to keep my weapon, all charges would be dropped. When the case was decided in my favor, I could not legally seek to have the city pay for my expenses.

Damned if you do...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: