Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Promotion? No Thanks

"...if men and women spent more than 75 per cent of each day on the job using their strongest skills and engaged on their favorite tasks, basically doing exactly what they wanted to do...They’d produce great results..."

This hit home for me, big time. The last job I had I never applied for...after reading the posting, I decided I was not the best candidate, and it was not enticing: I did not own a car, and I felt they were asking too much from one person for the amount of duties that were expected to be performed . I was asked if I would consider the position, and I said "yes"...but, explained why I did not apply for it. I had interviews, which I expected would take me out of consideration. I was offered the job, and took it...and found that it was a mismatch. I suspect I was offered the position because they had no one else to fill the hole...

read more | digg story

No comments: