Wednesday, June 30, 2010

internet surpasses TV as "most essential medium"

I love the internet.  As a consumer, I get what I want when I want it...and, I can get content which is not provided by other forms of media (radio, television, etcetera).  As a content producer, I need not worry about crossing a boundary set by another.

"..monthly visitation to radio station Web sites (16 percent) among persons 12+ lags visitation to local TV and local newspaper Web sites."  Probably because radio station web sites don't offer much in the way of local content...other than advertisements...

"The Internet passes TV as most essential medium in Americans' lives: For the first time, more Americans say the Internet is 'most essential' to their lives when given a choice along with television, radio, and newspapers; 42 percent chose the Internet as 'most essential'...television still leads among those over the age of 45, Internet dominates among younger persons age 12 to 44."

The Infinite Dial 2010: Digital Platforms and the Future of Radio

No comments: