Monday, July 26, 2010

DirecTV NASCAR "HotPass"

I noticed there was a new message in the "Caller ID & Messages" area of the DirecTV service about "HotPass".  Yesterday, I caught the end of it...a good idea, but not a great experience.

On the HotPass channels you can watch the race from cameras installed in some of the NASCAR vehicles.

The channels are free...from what I have read, they were not in 2007 and 2008.

Yesterday, I watched from the cars of:
Jeff Gordon - #24 (channel 795)
Juan Pablo Montoya - #42 (channel 796)
Jimmie Johnson - #48 (channel 797)
and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. - #88 (798)

I did not like watching it on a television that had a 19-inch screen:  it was too small for me to comfortably enjoy the views.

And changing the channel from one to another was unsatisfying:  it took too long...there were a couple of seconds of pause, and dark/blank screens, to get from one to the other.

For people who have large screen televisions, there should be a "HotPass Mix" channel where all four of the views from the cars can be seen on one channel.

http://twitter.com/nascar_hotpass

No comments: