Thursday, December 20, 2012

GameCom Commander Gaming Headset

Hurry, hurry...before they're all gone...

The Plantronics GameCom Commander Limited Edition Tournament Gaming Headset (try saying it three times fast, and with one breath) is the best gaming headset I've used.  And, most "versatile"...

The first thing I noticed was the "travel case".  It's sturdy...it reminds me of that heavy-duty, rip-stop, foul-weather, military-like, shell-formed nylon.  Attached is a thick carabiner that has a key-lock nose and a screw-lock sleeve.






"...closed-ear design...noise isolation...the GameCom Commander shuts out distractions..."

And with 40mm drivers, I noticed that the audio was of high-quality.  I would consider using them in a studio environment.

"...noise-canceling, ruggedized microphone..."

It's designed for understandable communication, while trying to keep out noise from the surrounding environment.  Which are the types of areas I find myself in constantly.

"Super-durable, lightweight components keep you comfortable for the long-haul..."

I was never distracted by the headset...when I was wearing them, I never considered that I was.

There is a QuickDisconnect adapter on the headset that allows for changing connectors for a computer, or a smartphone or tablet.  The two 3.5mm plugs (one for the headphones and the other for the microphone) on one adapter also have an inline volume and mute control.  The adapter for phones and tablets is a 4-conductor (TRRS) connector.

A USB sound card for 7.1 surround audio is also included.





If you want to get a great gift for your gamer, this is it.


No comments: